Ice cream is the world’s favorite frozen treat and the coldest desert in the world. Do you love ice cream as much as we do? We understand if you can’t go a day or week without the delicious flavors of ice cream. If you are looking for an ice cream shop in Santa Rosa, look no further than Cold Stone Creamery. While you enjoy eating your ice cream, did you know that there are some interesting facts about this infamous treat that you may not have heard of? We have found 10 cool tidbits you need to know about ice cream.
10 Cool Ice Cream Facts
- The country that consumes the most ice cream per capita is New Zealand (28 liters per year). The second is the USA followed by Australia, Finland, and Sweden to make up the top five.
- A cow gives enough milk to make 2 gallons of ice cream a day. It takes 3 gallons of milk to produce just 1 gallon of ice cream.
- Vanilla is the most popular ice cream flavor followed by chocolate. though chocolate ice cream was invented first. Some unusual flavors that have been manufactured include buckwheat, beer, avocado, garlic, dill pickle and bacon.
- It takes an average number of 50 licks to finish a single scoop ice cream cone.
- The world’s tallest ice cream cone was 9 ft. 2.63 inches, and was scooped in Italy.
- The first ice cream cone was made at the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis when an ice cream vendor asked a waffle maker to roll his waffles into cones so he could keep selling the ice cream after he came up short on his plastic cups.
- Ice cream testers use gold spoons since typical spoons can leave a slight aftertaste which might distort the flavor.
- California produces the most ice cream in America.
- Most of the vanilla used to make ice cream comes from Madagascar and Indonesia.
- The average American eats 48 pints of ice cream each year.
Visit Our Ice Cream Shop in Santa Rosa
Now that you know interesting facts about this infamous sweet treat, you can share the knowledge with family and friends while enjoying our delicious and versatile flavors. If you want an ice cream shop in Santa Rosa with endless possibilities and combination of tastes and toppings for any event, contact Cold Stone Creamery today. Call us today at 707-888-0966 to place special orders.