Summer is finally here and so is our all-time favorite frozen snack, ice cream! It’s time to enjoy your ice cream cake, and if you’re wondering where to get ice cream cake in Rohnert Park, worry no more, Cold Stone Creamery has you covered. So, to help bring in the ice cream season, we’ve listed a few fun facts about ice cream you may not know about.
Some Interesting Ice Cream Facts
- Alexander the Great loved to eat snow mixed flavored with nectar, honey, and fruits. Hippocrates also encouraged his patients to eat the flavored ice to improve their well-being.
- George Washington became the first president of the United States to eat ice cream on June 13, 1789.
- Margaret Thatcher was a chemist concerned with the preservation of the foamy quality of ice cream by injecting it with air long before she became Britain’s prime minister.
- Food photographers use modified mashed potatoes as a stand-in for actual ice cream, especially in cooking shows since ice cream melts faster with the heat in the studio.
- Ice cream was accepted as the perfect summertime treat because military troops ate ice cream during World War II and even the end of the war was celebrated by eating ice cream.
- Ice cream and apple pie are an inseparable dessert combination today. This dish was created by Professor Charles Watson who regularly ordered ice cream with apple pie at the Cambridge hotel in New York. He dubbed the dish “apple pie a la mode.”
- Elvis Presley ate 6 chocolate chip cookies and 4 scoops of ice cream before he died.
- In 2014, Joey Chesnut, an American competitive eater, ate 15 pints of ice cream in just 6 minutes and won the World Ice Cream Eating Competition.
- According to NASA, ice cream is among the things that astronauts miss while on space missions
- Around 3.3 billion gallons of ice cream are eaten every year worldwide.
- Ice cream has several health benefits with a handful of key nutrients including calcium, potassium and phosphorous.
Enjoy Ice Cream Cake in Rohnert Park Today
Ice cream has been here for ages and continues to be a favorite sweet treat. If you want incredible ice cream cake, pies, or customized ice cream, and you are wondering where to get ice cream cake in Rohnert Park, Cold Stone Creamery has you covered. Contact our team today and learn more about our products.